MZSTERY SURVIVOR: RE-MATCH!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for Sean...

+7
Deena
Matthew
Lillian
Elisabeth
Crystal
Sean
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions for Sean... Empty Questions for Sean...

Post  Admin Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Here is where Sean will make his opening statements as well for the jury to ask questions or leave comments for Sean.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-12-05

https://mzsteryrematch.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Questions for Sean... Empty Re: Questions for Sean...

Post  Sean Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 am

Hey Jury, it’s been a long game and I really have no idea how this Jury is going to respond to my game-play. I am afraid that people are going to look at me like I am undeserving to be here because I just won immunities however I disagree with them. I did a lot more than just win Immunities in this game however ultimately I was in a bad situation in this game based on the fact that I was on tribes that had some problems with activity early on in the game. I went to Tribal Council I believe out of the 9 Tribal Immunity challenges I went to Tribal a total of 6 times that I do not believe were my fault as 3 of them were due to inactivity, another was due to a challenge that required us to pick numbers for points. Because of this I ended up having to vote many potential allies and people that I had been on tribes with before that I had more affiliation which put me in a position less favorable then others. I am afraid that people will think that I was only here for challenges but that’s not the truth, I may have kept quiet during the times that people socialized before the Immunity challenges between tribes however I kept quiet so that my allies wouldn’t become suspicious of me for being to social with the other tribe and then try and vote me out for that. In this game I feel that you have to make sure that you don’t do anything that can be used against you and to be honest I felt that being overly social would just put a target on my back and I didn’t want that, I wanted to appear as a weak and usable player that wasn’t doing much and appear as non threatening as possible and also have the ability to do well in challenges as something I would have up my sleeve in case the time came for it. With that said I’m not claiming to be any mastermind or anything, I was never in a position to be the mastermind and to be honest I don’t think it’s a good position to be in. With that said I do think I deserve to win this game, I fought like hell to survive through bad situations and get myself into the final 2.
Sean
Sean

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystal Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Congrats on making the Final 2, Sean!

I have 2 questions for you.

1. To me, it seemed pretty clear that you would've been gone a long time before if you didn't win all those immunities. Is that true?

2. How is your social and strategic game better than Lisi's?

Good luck! =]
Crystal
Crystal

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Elisabeth Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

How did you further my game, therefore deserving my vote?
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

1. To me, it seemed pretty clear that you would've been gone a long time before if you didn't win all those immunities. Is that true?

Hey Crystal, I implore you to read this whole entire answer and not just the initial part =]. It is true that had I not won these individual immunities chances are I would not be here in the final 2. However Immunity challenges are apart of this game and I also shouldn’t have it held against me that I was in such a poor position in this game where I needed to win immunity every time. You also have to look at the fact that I went to Tribal Council a total of 7 times before the merge and I had to vote off 7 players that I had contact with and had either an alliance, a deal or could have potentially made something with (I think Natalie is the only person pre-merge I voted out where I didn’t have something going with them via a voting block/alliance). Because of this many allies that I had, I had to vote out, I also don’t think it’s my fault that we went to 4 out of the 6 tribals where my Tribe lost Immunity as 1 was a luck challenge, and 3 others a player was unable to make it to the challenge. If you look at Lisi, she had very easy situations and the only time she was really in trouble was because of herself when she put a target on herself, and I think was bailed out by Candice because she was close with Matthew and was able to sway him (Not 100% sure on this however based on talking with Matthew and Candice I believe that the 2 were close and that Matthew trusted Candice which is why he went with the ladies could be wrong though).

2. How is your social and strategic game better than Lisi's?

My social and strategic game is better than Lisi’s because I laid low and kept my mouth shut while I tried to further myself in this game. Lisi however did not keep her mouth shut and quarreled with way to many players and put a huge target on her back and nearly got voted out because of it. I don’t think that being a mean player to people is a bad strategy. However she played it terribly, she was on the hot seat a couple of times and created way to many enemies when she didn’t have to and post merge it nearly caught up to her but her allies were able to save her. As for strategically I put myself into alliances where I wasn’t near the top, but where I could have enough influences where if I wanted to I felt I could change the vote up. I think it’s smart strategically to not put a massive target on yourself as you never know when you’re going to end up on the bottom end of the totem pole and if you want to be the leader of your alliance chances are if your alliance is not in the majority you will be the first to go which would have left me with the ability to buy some time and I knew that I had the ability to win challenges up my sleeve.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Hey Elisabeth, I helped further you in this game because once we were put on same tribe I had the option to side with, you, Big Tom, and Teresa or go with Helen, Judd, and Burton (along with Greg although he wasn’t in the 4 person alliance). I decided I wanted to stick with my original Pachecha tribe members as I felt that players would be more loyal to the players they originally aligned with and my original alliance was with Big Tom and Teresa. I voted with you 3 and ended up forcing a tie and had I not chances are you wouldn’t have made it as far. From there I was in an alliance with you, Big Tom, and Teresa which helped keep each other in the game (despite me having opportunities to change the vote up a few times).
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi Sean! Its you favorite white woman, Grandma Lil!

I got to say, I adore you. You were a sweetheart to me during this game, its clear you mastered the physical portion of this huge bitch and as far as I am concern, you mastered the social portion because you did something the PMS alliance never did and that was make me feel safe with you, even if you did vote me out the first chance you got, the point is you made me trust you and that is saying something because I never trusted anybody up in this bitch, but I did trust you so bravo.

Now on to my question…

At final 8, I gave you and Greg a chance to vote out Deena with me. Greg gave his reasons for flipping, but I want to know why you flipped? Why did Sean write my name down when it seemed to me like I was your only chance (besides going on an immunity streak, of course)?
Lillian
Lillian

Number of posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Hey Lill, I wrote your name down for a couple of reasons, but to be honest I did not want you to get voted out at the final 8, you came to me at f10 with a very similar plan to mine and I had no problem letting you set that up, had it been up to me who to boot I would have 100% written Lisi’s name down however, I also had an f2 with Greg and he told me he was flipping along with Matt. I hated the plan of voting you out at f8, I didn’t think Matt or Deena would have flipped at final 7 however he didn’t want to change his vote back. Ultimately I had 2 reasons for writing your name down. I wanted Greg to think that I still trusted him, we had an f2 and I wanted him to think that we were still ok, even though I had lost a bit of trust in him I still wanted him to feel that he was in control or whatever he wanted to feel from our alliance b/c I like to play the player, if a player wants to be in control of me I have no problem acting like he controls me, but I will 100% be looking out for myself if that’s the case. The second reason played a little part in it but I also didn’t want to piss off the other alliance and be their main target so that I could at least survive the next Tribal Council without needing Immunity and still have a fighting chance to make something happen.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 pm

k awesome!

Good luck!
Lillian
Lillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Congratulations on makine it to the end Sean!

Anyway I'd like to know a few things first. I want to know what you thought after every boot those you were involved with and those you weren't.

I'd also like to know what you think of each Juror. I'd also like to know what you think about Lisi.

I would also like to know who is the least deserving of being on the jury and if you could choose anyone to be sitting there at the end who would it be and why?

Again congratulations on making it to the end.
Matthew
Matthew

Number of posts : 288

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey thanks for the question Matthew, I'm going out for a bit but i'll answer it when I get back later tonight Smile.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Deena Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey, Sean!! I want to say congrats and also thanks for being such a cool dude throughout the game. I really enjoyed my time in the game especially plotting with you and with Greg all those times, trying to change things up. You deserve to have made it to the finals and good luck with the vote. Can't wait to find out who you are!! Very Happy

Questions!

1. Would you say your success in the game is in large part to your immunities, or because there were players in this game that took risks outside of their core alliance?

2. The hard one...okay I received a private message from you inquiring about whether or not I also had a final 2 with Lisi (implying that I had double deals since I had one with you, as well). That was a joke, right?? You were awake enough this whole time to realize that I've been with Lisi since minute one, yes? If you say you had a social game, which I fully believe, then why would you be shocked that I had two final 2 deals? Especially one with someone who I had been in an alliance with even longer than I had been in one with you. Should I have said "hey Lisi, goin' to the finals with Sean instead, peace?" Cause I came on and found out I had been voted off. I'm lead to believe it's cause I had multiple final two deals (btw I had one with everyone lol), cause that's all you said to me before you removed me from the game. Elaborate.
Deena
Deena

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystal Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks for your answers, Sean! =]
Crystal
Crystal

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Tom Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 am

Congrats on making it to the F2 Sean!

Take everybody you were on a tribe with in this game and rank them, starting with the best overall player to the worst.
Big Tom
Big Tom

Number of posts : 447

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:17 am

Anyway I'd like to know a few things first. I want to know what you thought after every boot those you were involved with and those you weren't.

Hey I am going to add a little bit into the ones that I attended and what not. I am going to add what happened at camp.

NATALIE- Alright, Natalie was an easy decision for me to boot, I had already solidified myself in a 3 person alliance with Joel and Burton and Coby was active in the challenge and proved that he was a strong competitor and could help us win Immunity at the time so I was quite pleased with voting her out and seeing her go.

SHANE- I had no contact with this guy so seeing him go had little impact on me.

ACE- alright so I am assuming this is when there was the triple Tribal Council in 1 episode, I was glad to see that Ace went this time as I helped Lillian in the comeback challenge because I wanted an original Pachecha to stay in this game as I had contact with her.

COBY- Alright Coby was a wacky player, he was very good at the first challenge he showed up to however he ended up being inactive. He offered me a 7 person alliance with, him, Elisabeth, Burton, someone of Burtons choice, me, and whoever I chose. I told him I wanted to have one with Lillian at the time as she was the only original Pachecha member that I didn’t have a deal with but he failed to get back to me showing me he was a worthless ally and that I couldn’t depend on him which is why I voted him out and then did my best to help Lillian in the Challenge to get back in.

HELEN- This boot I didn’t get my way, I was in between 2 four person alliances and I would have liked to get rid of Greg as he was inactive and then I could be the swing vote and not someone else who I was unsure of and thus messing my game up. I loved the irony in this boot though as both sides were pissed at Greg for missing the challenge and were willing to get rid of him however the two sides just grew tired of each other and led to a bit of a fight and then Helen wanted to get rid of Teresa because she didn’t like the way that Elisabeth, her and Big tom were acting. Ultimately Helen, Judd, Burton said they got Greg but I was willing to take a risk at this point because I had no trust at all in Helen and Judd and I felt that Teresa, Big tom, and myself would be able to beat Helen in a tie-breaker if necessary so I decided to tie it up this round. Unfortunately it was a purple rock situation and not a tie-breaker like I Was hoping but fortunately Burton was willing to flip to avoid the Purple Rock.

JUDD- I was glad to see Judd go, he was an interesting character but he was bad for our Tribe as he and Helen really were the main 2 that were causing havoc in our camp and once they were gone we finally had a much more calmer camp.

TERESA- Ugh, I hated seeing Teresa asked to be voted out however I realized that she also was going to be undependable as it turned out that this was her second time that she asked to be voted out and I didn’t want her to quit later on in this game and screwing me over then so I glady voted her out knowing that I would still be safe and could possibly get something going with Greg.

BURTON- I think I played a role in this boot, I wanted Burton out because he got extremely distant from me. We were aligned after the first time we were actually put in tribes (not original beach) so I felt we had some history and I don’t think he ever trusted me. I then asked him if he had anyone else on the other tribe that he was close with and he answered me saying that he had connections with other people however he didn’t say who and I realized that he was going to bolt and that me and him weren’t going to be aligned much longer. I decided that he was expandable and that I could bring Greg in over him as I felt that Greg was rather ally-less and that I could possibly get something going long term with him and he might be loyal to me so I sent Big Tom a pm telling him we should get rid of Burton, he probably has people that he could go with after the merge while Greg was inactive and would be much more likely to stick with us then Burton. I know that in order to get rid of Burton I would need to get both Big Tom and Elisabeth so I went about that by getting Big Tom and I knew that Elisabeth was closer with him so I felt she would be more willing to go along with this had he approached her.

JOEL- I was pretty disappointed to see him go, Joel and I had an alliance and we were both from the same season and I knew that he would possibly flip to us as he was close with Big Tom and I was hoping we could meet up with him at merge.

ELIZA- Mas accidentally showed everyone this TC I think and at the time of her TC I was pretty pleased to see her go as she called me an inactive which was so not true Laughing .

ELISABETH- I was sad to see her go but was also glad at the same time. But when it came down to it there were only 3 possible people to vote off and Lillian had a plan (I had a similar plan but she approached me first and I had no problem sitting back and letting her try and organize it Laughing ) that aligned, Matthew, her, Big Tom, Greg, and myself which left her out.

CRYSTAL- I wasn’t pleased seeing her go. I had already formed an f2 with Greg earlier (lulz I just messed the whole time continuum of my answer but w/e) and he went over to the other tribe and was telling me the potential scenarios, he said that he and Deena were the “swing votes” (which I don’t quite believe now Laughing ) and that he was trying to get her to use the idol on Crystal and get rid of Lisi, or her and Deena vote lisi w/ Crystal and get rid of Lisi. Sadly none of that happened.

LILLIAN- Ugh, I was pissed to see her go, we had formed a 5 person alliance and I was hoping that would have stuck together however Matthew and Greg decided to flip over. As I stated before I didn’t want to put her name down as I knew it was an awful idea but ultimately I wanted Greg to still think I trusted him and what not and I didn’t want to piss anyone off if the whole Greg’s deal that he made to get rid of Lisi next time didn’t work out to well.

TOM- Ugh, I wanted Big Tom to stay, he was an ally from day 1 as we along with Teresa formed an early 3 person alliance. I don’t know how much of this boot was Matthew Trusting Candice, or Matthew being pissed at the 3 of us for putting his name down as least deserving ( we were working together at the time and I had no idea that Greg was planning on showing this to Matthew of all people Laughing.

MATTHEW- Alright I had a few options at this time. I tried to get Matthew to vote with me and Greg at this Tribal council however he said that he wouldn’t but that he was close with Candice and maybe could get her to flip. I didn’t really think that would have happened as I think Candice was playing him so when Deena offered to vote out Matthew I had a few options. A part of me wanted to use this against the opposing alliance however in the end I could have only gotten Matthew to get rid of Deena to possibly flush out the HII however I didn’t see both Matthew and Greg on at the same time in order to get try something crazy so I decided to vote for Matthew as I was an f2 with Greg and I wanted the 2 of us to get to the end. After the tie vote came Lisi came to me and tried to get me to flip, she was pretty sloppy in my opinion and there was no way in hell that I was flipping so I just sat there and tried to get some information out of her.

GREG- Ugh, Right after the vote Greg posted this “i really have no clue what Sean did to convince you guys to save me, but thanks.” Now that’s usually a sign that 2 people are in an f2 deal and that killed any chance of getting Deena to flip (which I assumed was pretty slim) Deena still said that she was voting for Lisi and now I was surprised by her response truthfully and the fact that it was so late in the voting period I felt that lie was unnecessary of her and it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth (along with possibly Greg’s) and ultimately may have came back to haunt her.

CANDICE- Alright, I wanted Candice out for a few reasons. I felt that she had been playing this game very well up till this point and I was thinking at this point that she was in the middle of the 3 person alliance (which may turn out not to be true, now that I think about it I think all 3 of them were loyal to the person that wanted them out at some point Laughing Candice wanted Deena out, Deena at this point wanted Lisi out, Lisi I honestly believe was with Candice going into the final four but she says she was more loyal to Deena. I felt that the only chance I would have had at anyone ever taking me f2 is if I got her out. However another very big reason was that I felt she was one of my biggest competitors in these challenges, and I knew that I wanted to win Final Immunity so if I could get her out at final four I would be increasing my chances of winning the Final Immunity Challenge. When I won Immunity she sent me a pm asking me if I would be willing to vote Deena out. I immediately sent this PM to Deena as I wanted to get rid of Candice, and the funny thing is Deena said that she wanted Lisi out so I felt confident that Candice was truly in between the two of them at the time and if I could get Candice out I might be able to possibly get taken to the final 2 if I didn’t win Final Immunity challenge (which honestly I knew wasn’t very likely hence why I refreshed the page for so long). I wanted Deena to try and convince Lisi to vote Candice out as I still wasn’t sure what would have happened and I didn’t want to go to Lisi and have her show it to Candice then the vote be tied up and then Candice beat Deena in the Tie-breaker challenge and then feel she had to fight like hell to make sure I didn’t win Final Immunity. By having Deena try and get Lisi if Deena lost the tie-breaker I could still possibly play it off that it was Deena’s Idea and that I would possibly take her f2 so that she wouldn’t feel she had to fight for it etc etc. I also offered Deena a final two dealk, it wasn’t that I wanted to take her to the final two I just wanted her to have something to hold her to and I also wanted her to feel that she didn’t need to win Final Immunity. Lisi also offered me a final two deal and I also was glad she did as I wanted her to feel safe also. Ultimately I was pleased with seeing her get voted out.

Deena- I was pleased in voting her out, ultimately she left a bad taste in my mouth when she lied to me and Greg and gave us false hope at final five and I tend to not forget those things and when it came down to it I had two final deals (along with both of them) but the thing was Deena lied to me when she didn’t really need to. Now there is a possibility that she changed her vote after talking to me, in which case I think she should have talked to me to clear the air up at final four, I had “moved” on from it knowing that I couldn’t just target her stupidly at final four but when it came down to it at final four when I made my plan of who I wanted to end it with getting rid of Deena at 3rd and Candice at four and I was able to do that by winning Immunities I suppose.

I know you have other things asked Matthew but I am just posting this now since this took a while to write so you can read this while I write my thoughts on each Juror and answer your other questions.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 am

I'd also like to know what you think of each Juror. I'd also like to know what you think about Lisi.

Eliza- I didn’t get a chance to be on the same tribe with her so I don’t have much to base this off of, but I think she was incredibly feared by people on her tribe.

Elisabeth- I liked Elisabeth, she was a good ally from what I can tell however I think she had a lot of options had she made it to the merge as she had roots on both tribes and she truly could have been a power player in this game.

Crystal- I don’t think Crystal likes me to much based on her question for me Laughing. I don’t have much to base my opinion off of her but I would assume she’s a strategic minded person based on the questions that she asked me.

Lillian- Lill is pure entertainment, I always enjoy playing with players like Lill as she’s the full package, she’s entertaining and also a good player. She did get voted out third though which might say a bit but she still was able to get back into it.

Big Tom- Big Tom is a very good player, I think he is a leader in games, he also wasn’t to overbearing and made you feel comfortable when you were an alliance with him. He’s also pretty good at challenges and is definitely one of the better players in the game. His only con though is that he makes it very obvious that he is a leader and that puts a massive target on him.

Matthew- Matthew, you were the most interesting player as I truly had very little time in this game with you but from what I can tell you were an active player. A lot of my opinion is based on whether you were always with Deena, Candice and Lisi or if you flipped to them because Greg put your name down as undeserving of being here. If it was because Greg put your name down then I would be questioning your motives as playing an emotional game isn’t a good idea, if it was the latter then I have more respect however at final 6 I think you should have maybe tried something here as I really don’t think that Candice would have flipped form her cozy alliance to form a new one with me and you.

Greg- Greg tried to do a little to much in my opinion, he wanted to make the episodes entertaining and he also wanted to make some moves and be a player in this game, I think in the end he made a few small errors that cost him but he is still a good player in my opinion.

Candice- I personally give Candice a lot of credit for her alliances success, I think she was one of the best players in this game. I think she is responsible for getting Matthew to flip as Matthew based on getting him to trust her.

Deena- She was also a very good player in this game, she would flip votes up whenever it benefited her and was able to jump ship and then jump back without much repercussion.

As for Lisi’s play I think that she came to play a character. She says that she wanted to cause fights because she was playing Lisi but really what’s the point of that? Did Lisi fighting with Dreamz make Dreamz feel all warm and cozy with her? No it made him despise her in Fiji and when he got the first opportunity to vote her out Dreamz Did. By taking a similar approach Lisi ended up walking on eggshells throughout this game, she pissed off way to many people for absolutely no reason, why did she have to go off on Big Tom and Lillian? I can see it being a good strategic move in certain situations however I don’t thinks he did it for strategy, I think she did it to entertain people while I came here to play the game, I may have been relatively quiet and boring but that was because I was here to win. I didn’t want to make same mistake as the actual Sean did in Marquesas by opening his mouth at f5 and just sealing his fate. Anyways that’s just my opinion.

As for least deserving to be a juror, I would have to say Lillian just because she got voted out, I still think she’s a good player but she was one of the first people voted out of this game while others made the Jury without getting voted out for the first time until then.

If I had to choose someone to be in the final two with it would be Greg. I had an f2 partner and I have been trying to get an f2 deal that was made relatively early in a game work out. I also love a good underdog story and for us to have made the f2 we would have had to pull a near miracle out Laughing

edit: Deena i'll get to your question asap, gonna go eat something first.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Candice Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:30 am

Hey guys! Congrats on making Final 2. You know, I'm always the nice girl, the nice juror, who tries to stay positive about people.

That is NOT what I'm going to do today.

You guys want inner bitch, I'll GIVE you inner bitch. And I am just going to tell you EXACTLY how I'VE seen you two chumps play.

Let's go to Sean and talk about his strategy. Wait, does he have a strategy? NO! Though I admit, you winning those immunites was a pretty impressive feat, that can NOT be called a strategy. Well, it could be called one, but it's a pretty precarious one, don't you think? Winning immunities and participating in challenges is exactly what you said it is: simply "a part of the game". But it is not a winning strategy, because this game simply requires more than that. How many people have you outwitted? Outplayed?? I just simply can't count any, can you?? That's why none of the immunity freaks in the real series have ever won, not Colby, not Terry, not Ozzy. Maybe Tom, but that's just because he was sitting next to a whiny bitch at FTC. Basically, you've played a "part of the game", but there is no way that you've played it all.

So this is my dilemma. I'm a strategist by nature, but I think I'm stuck with two of the least strategizing chumps in this entire game. I don't want to vote for EITHER OF YOU, but alas, I have to.

So!

I prepared a little "challenge" per se (a little up Sean's alley? We'll see). I have a random number between 1~50 in my head. First, I want you to post a number within that range. THEN, I want you to write down individual reasons why the person sitting next to you played a worse game than you did, and thus why I should NOT vote for the other person. For every individual reason, I will get you THAT much closer to the original number. If you write 1 reason, I will get you 1 number closer; if you write 5, I will get you 5 numbers closer, 10, 10 numbers closer. You get the drift. It's part luck, part work, but hey, that's just the game, right? Good luck, and it'll be interesting to see who I end up voting for.

ps. It would be appreciated if you guys number out the reasons, 1), 2), etc. Thank you! Love you, hugs & kisses, good bye Razz
Candice
Candice

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Questions for Sean... Empty Answer to Deena's Question

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 am

1. Would you say your success in the game is in large part to your immunities, or because there were players in this game that took risks outside of their core alliance?

My success in getting to the final two is definitely more because of me winning Immunities. You taking a risk at f6 was really the only time someone took a risk outside of their core alliance and that didn’t change the fact that I still needed to keep winning Immunities and if I didn’t step up and win the big immunities (which was no easy task) I would not have been here.

2. The hard one...okay I received a private message from you inquiring about whether or not I also had a final 2 with Lisi (implying that I had double deals since I had one with you, as well). That was a joke, right?? You were awake enough this whole time to realize that I've been with Lisi since minute one, yes? If you say you had a social game, which I fully believe, then why would you be shocked that I had two final 2 deals? Especially one with someone who I had been in an alliance with even longer than I had been in one with you. Should I have said "hey Lisi, goin' to the finals with Sean instead, peace?" Cause I came on and found out I had been voted off. I'm lead to believe it's cause I had multiple final two deals (btw I had one with everyone lol), cause that's all you said to me before you removed me from the game. Elaborate.

lol! I knew that no matter who I got rid of at final four I most likely would have had to win immunity. Me voting you out had very little to do with the fact that you had two final two deals as we all had two final two deals, I was aware of this and that’s why I worked my ass off to win Final Immunity. After Greg got voted out I had to make my plan as to what I would do if I won the next two immunities and who would I get rid of. I decided I wanted Candice out first because she was the strongest at immunity challenges and from what I could speculate from my conversations (it’s not like I can exactly go and ask you who you want to take f2, apart of it is from seeing the evidence that was put in front of me) I felt she was the glue to your 3 person alliance and that she was close with both of you and if I could possibly get rid of her I could possibly be able to weasel my way in had I not won final Immunity (now I’m not saying it was a large % , I’m not delusional but still, anything would have been an improvement and I felt that getting rid of Candice would have been my best option there). I also then planned on getting rid of you at 3rd because I didn’t want you to get in front of the jury because I felt you made some good moves, you were able to swiftly switch alliances without much problem and got rid of players that benefitted you and had you made final 2 I believe that the Jury would have voted you over me as I know that people on the imdb forums are much more into Strategy as they talk about who made a strategical mistake here etc etc. As for the pm, that was just for me to get some final information before the Jury stage started, I wanted to know what my opponent would be coming at me with. Also I would like to note that after taking Lisi to the final two I asked her the same question again and she told me that she would have taken me, I don’t think she had a reason to lie there.

edit: Also I know you might pull the "So you took a less deserving player" and my answer to that would be yes 100%, I am not repeating the same mistakes of other players in the history of MZ. Jean-Robert (and I quote) "I wanted to go up against the best and beat the best." Jean-Robert lost in a vote of 4-3. In MZ2 Heidi went f3 with two very undeserving players and therefore won the game, in MZ3 Bobby Mason decided to get emotional and took Tracy, the more deserving player to the final 2 and he lost in a vote of 4-3. Now I don't want to come in 2nd, and had I taken Deena, I most likely would have taken 2nd.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:45 am

hey I'll pick #25 and then edit my reasons in.

Reason #1- She didn't really struggle, she got put into good situations based on lucky tribe shuffles, where I was put into bad situation after bad situation, I went from an inactive tribe to a tribe that self imploded and wanted to vote out good players.

Reason #2- Had our situations been reversed I don't think she would have been able to pull it off.

Reason #3- She chose to play Lisi, now, I know that some people are like omg omg I love Lisi, but that's because they didn't watch Fiji.

Reason #4- She was mean for absolutely no beneficial reason besides playing it up for the episodes, that's great and all but she put an unnecessary target on herself.

Reason #5- She said she would have taken me f2 had she won Final immunity (this is after we were in the f2 she had no reason to lie here.)

Reason #6- She went off on a juror, going off on a juror is a bad thing, I know from experience that if you go off on a jury, chances are you won't be getting those votes so going off serves absolutely no beneficial purporses.

Reason #7- She didn't win a single individual immunity, I won 5.

Reason #8- She didn't seem to have any backup alliances, her major alliance seemed to consist of Deena and Candice, and then Candice and Deena got the others to vote w/ her or saved her ass. Now, pre-merge I constantly had multiple deals going, and I made sure to be nice to all of them as I never knew what would happen and when I would need them again.

Reason #9- She recieved more votes than I did, despite going to less Tribal Councils than me.

Last edited by Sean on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:14 am

Alright, I have been playing around with these. I’ll put some explanations up when I wake up tomorrow, it’s getting a little late and answering these questions has made me a lil tired lol!

Candice- Alright, I still think she is one of the strongest players as she did come off very non threatening in the game when she had quite a bit of power. I thinks he was able to get people she needed to feel close to her feel close to her and was able to pull in people to further herself and her alliance and had it not been for me winning immunity and then targeting her at final four she could have very well be sitting here in the final 2.

Deena- This was a difficult choice, the #1 spot was going to go to Candice and Deena and I almost think it should be a tie Laughing. What Deena did so well was that she was able to flip up the vote and vote people out that she wanted to that did not benefit her, she was able to do it without sending people to the jury house that were bitter (from what I can tell.) The only strike in her game is that her flipping did cause people to want to get “Revenge” I know that Candice at f4 said it was personal (I assume that it was because she flipped up on her, but I really don’t know if it was like legit personal then I take back this statement.) and I wasn’t to pleased with her after the Final 5 Tribal Council where she lied to me with only a few hours till TC reveal Laughing.

Big Tom- I like Big Tom, He seemed to be the triple threat in socially, strategically, and Challenge wise. He had multiple deals, and at times became a bit to big of a threat based on his socializing and really put a spotlight on himself, however he wasn’t ever targeted by a close ally of him which shows he has skills.

Elisabeth- Alright, this one is based on the fact that Elisabeth set herself up perfectly going into the merge, there were two sides and Elisabeth had an opening on both sides and truly she was in a very powerful position come merge. Had there not been a twist at final 10 chances are she would have been one of the best players in this game.

Greg- Greg made a few mistakes in this game, he tried to get a little to fancy at times I felt, but he was always trying things to get himself further, he did make a post at f5 where it was basically a dead giveaway that the two of us were together still and that killed our chances of getting Deena but he kept fighting.

Lillian- Alright, so she got voted out 3rd but once she got back in she tried to do something in this game, she tried to organize a 5 person alliance and was semi successful, but it wasn’t a stable alliance so it sadly failed Laughing.

Teresa- Ugh, she was a good social player, and an excellent Challenge player, I think she said she found like 200 or some odd movies in the challenge where we were looking for Oscar winners that worked with other Oscar winners and that truly takes dedication. Socially she was a lot of fun around camp. I was tempted to put her at the bottom because she quit but she still played a good game up to that point.

Helen- Crazy player, no doubt about it Laughing. I know the person is probably going to be deemed a good overall player but she suffered from FPS (fancy play syndrome) and tried to pull off to many crazy things when she shoulda realized the texture of this game was going to be a heavy twist one and laid low instead of trying to pull off blindside after blindside.

Lisi- Meh, Lisi. She got into a good alliance that really helped get her far, I don’t think she was responsible for forming this alliance though which is a major strike imo. I think she just wound up in it because she ended up being on same tribe.

Matthew- Alright (lulz I’ve used that to much so far) Matthew is the only one that I could possibly jump a few spots upward if he explained his play to me, he didn’t make it obvious what he was thinking during this game so he does have the potential to jump past a few people if he explained his reasons for voting with Candice/Deena/Lisi

Burton-Burton was meh, he made it obvious what he was thinking through his actions, he stopped responding to me and only used short little phrases that gave me no information at all and made me realize that I didn’t want him in this game anymore.

Joel- Joel could go up a few places, but he didn’t carry his weight in a couple of early challenges and I think Big tom said that he was going to toss the challenge the same episode that he gets voted out in so Neutral.

Coby- This guy was to inactive to count on, he was good at challenges from what I could tell as he got 2 lists in the time that it took others on my tribe to do 1 (although he was silly for doing it that quickly as even if us 4 got all the lists done we still needed natalie’s so he just put a monster target on himself for no reason). He could have been a better player had he been able to focus on these games but his inactivity killed him.

Natalie- Lulz, I think she made 7 or 8 posts, had a sexy avatar which is always a good strategy; however in the end she didn’t do anything else besides that.

edit: I obviously put people that I had very little time w/ lower, a couple boots Tribal Councils is never enough time to be able to successfully form a valid opinion on a player.

Last edited by Sean on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 am

thanks for the responses Sean.
Matthew
Matthew

Number of posts : 288

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

*Lil starts scowling and making faces at Sean saying she is the least deserving juror even though she knows its true*
Lillian
Lillian

Back to top Go down

Post  GREG Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 am

To both of you, I must say congratulations. You played excellent games. You each played a unique style and it has got you to where all of us jurors wish we were. In previous games when I've made jury, I've typically voted for who I was most loyal to throughout the game. If that were the case tonight, I would absolutely vote Sean. However, I am not convinced that he played the better game, so I refuse to just throw him my vote because we worked together during the game. So just as in most of the tribal councils I've attended, I have no idea who I will vote for.

So for each of you, I will give positive and negative comments about your gameplay and ask each of you a specific question. Then I have 7 general questions that I want you both to answer.

Sean - you were an extremely loyal player to your alliances throughout the game. That is a commendable trait. You were obviously also a beast at the challenges. That is impressive as well, because if you are too good at challenges, you will instantly become a target. You knew when to lay low in the challenges, and when to shine. You played a smart game by voting with the majority at times although you personally felt it wasn't the best move. You definitely didn't want to upset people.

Unfortunately a lot of people see you as one-dimensional. That is never a good thing. You were quiet and under-the-radar. People will see you as a follower. Without living with each other day-in and day-out, it can be difficult to prove your strategic accomplishments in games like this. I also think that you are only here because of luck. There are at least 3 challenges that you won solely on luck. Had you lost any of those challenges, you would have been voted out of the game. You were lucky on the survey challenge because: a) I came up with the idea of us 3 putting the same answers, and b) you happened to guess the order of submission better. You were lucky on the Battleship challenge because, well that was a luck-based challenge. You happened to go first and you hit my target first. My first guess hit Matt's boat, so had I gone first, you likely would have taken him out and your first guess wouldn't have been mine. And seeing how you and he shared a space, I would have taken you out before you took me out. You were lucky on the movie clip challenge. You were lucky that I misspelled Synecdoche. Had I spelled that correctly, I would have won that challenge.

You definitely played a great game, as you've made it to the finals, but it could have been better.

So Sean, my specific question for you is:

Would you have stayed true to our F2 alliance, no matter what? And had you and I actually made it to F2, who do you think would have won and why?

And now the 7 general questions:

1. I know that I was lucky to have made it as far as I did in the game, so I believe luck is an important aspect to the game. But considering what I've already said, how much of a factor should luck be in deciding the winner?

2. I am the first to admit that I played a TERRIBLE game. I had no alliances until Sean asked for an F2 (which I think was right before I switched spots with Lil and Matt). I honestly felt I would be voted out at every tribal council I attended (except the 1 time I was immune). I was seen as inactive and insignificant (last picked during 1 tribal shuffle and voted least valuable by my tribe). I knew I had NO chance of getting jury votes once merge hit unless I just threw caution to the wind. Had you been in my position at merge, what would you have done differently?

3. Before the jury started commenting and asking questions, how did you think each juror would vote? Has your opinion changed any, and what do you now think will be each juror's vote?

4. Is there a such thing as a perfect strategy in Survivor, and how could you have changed your gameplay to match that strategy?

5. If you switched places with the person you're facing now, do you believe you would deserve to win? By that, I mean Sean, if you had played the exact same game as Lisi (strong alliance with Deena and Candice, "coasted" to the finals, outspoken, etc) would you deserve to win over yourself with the strategy you used (one-dimensional, challenge threat, underdog, etc). Vice versa for Lisi.

6. What would you consider to be the turning point of the season?

7. If you found out the identity of another player this season, how would you use that to your advantage? As a follow-up, who do you think each juror's imdb identity is?
GREG
GREG

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:39 am

Sean - you were an extremely loyal player to your alliances throughout the game. That is a commendable trait. You were obviously also a beast at the challenges. That is impressive as well, because if you are too good at challenges, you will instantly become a target. You knew when to lay low in the challenges, and when to shine. You played a smart game by voting with the majority at times although you personally felt it wasn't the best move. You definitely didn't want to upset people.

First off, I would like to say I am not “extremely” loyal to my alliances. I actually think I was one of the more disloyal people in this game. I believe that everyone that was active pre-merge I had at one point been either in an alliance or had a deal with. I had to break many of those deals and I did it carefully, I made sure I knew which side was more beneficial, had I chosen to shake things up I would have destroyed many of my options in the end game and I would have set myself up with absolutely no wiggle room. I didn’t plan on going into a merge and end up being in a minority at all. I broke many alliances, and many deals with players and I did it well as I still have this reputation of a squeaky clean player that did nothing but show up to challenges. Greg, you were outside of my main alliance when I offeblue you an f2 deal, would I have done that had I been 100% loyal to my alliance? Hell no. After the 2nd tribal shuffle was happening I was talking with Helen and Judd trying to get something going with them. Had there been a situation that it benefitted me to betray an ally (now F2 deal is diff.) I would have to further myself in the game, however I didn’t see any of them as beneficial to myself.

Note, I am not saying I’m like the biggest snake in the season or something crazy like that, however I don’t think I’m as loyal as people believe I am.

Unfortunately a lot of people see you as one-dimensional. That is never a good thing. You were quiet and under-the-radar. People will see you as a follower. Without living with each other day-in and day-out, it can be difficult to prove your strategic accomplishments in games like this. I also think that you are only here because of luck. There are at least 3 challenges that you won solely on luck. Had you lost any of those challenges, you would have been voted out of the game. You were lucky on the survey challenge because: a) I came up with the idea of us 3 putting the same answers, and b) you happened to guess the order of submission better. You were lucky on the Battleship challenge because, well that was a luck-based challenge. You happened to go first and you hit my target first. My first guess hit Matt's boat, so had I gone first, you likely would have taken him out and your first guess wouldn't have been mine. And seeing how you and he shablue a space, I would have taken you out before you took me out. You were lucky on the movie clip challenge. You were lucky that I misspelled Synecdoche. Had I spelled that correctly, I would have won that challenge.

I disagree with being lucky at final 5. I was not lucky on the f5 one, I made sure to quadruple check my movie titles and make sure they were all spelled correctly, you also misspelled Miss Pettigrew, the list you showed me you typed out Miss Petticrew, I made sure to check it. How does that make me lucky? As for F7 I agree with F7, F6, I agree with F6, however had the situation been reversed and you got lucky in those challenges then made f2 are you saying you wouldn’t be deserving and would not deserve any votes in FTC? Also I don’t feel I needed the f7 immunity however I needed it out of Big Tom’s hands, and at final 6 I felt you were the main target not me but I couldn’t let you win. Had you won it you also would have been lucky so no matter what the key element is there is luck in this game.

So Sean, my specific question for you is:

Would you have stayed true to our F2 alliance, no matter what? And had you and I actually made it to F2, who do you think would have won and why?

I was 100% true to our F2, I have been trying to get a f2 deal that was made pre-merge to work for a long ass time (has failed each and every time since I started trying however). Had we made the f2 chances are I would have beaten you because they would have said you were inactive in the first few rounds, but that wasn’t the point of me offering you the final 2 deal, I offeblue it to you because I felt you didn’t have any other alliances or deals and would be better to keep in the game than Burton.

And now the 7 general questions:

1. I know that I was lucky to have made it as far as I did in the game, so I believe luck is an important aspect to the game. But considering what I've already said, how much of a factor should luck be in deciding the winner?

If I win I will have definitely had some luck on my side, if Lisi wins then she was lucky as well. She was lucky to be put on a beneficial tribe every time with allies in back to back tribes that set her up in a powerful alliance. She was also lucky that I was able to get lucky in the challenges and take her final 2 because she wasn’t beating anyone in her alliance. As for how big a % of luck should be, well I try and call it fate or destiny lulz, I know it’s weird but it’s basically the only thing I believe in so plz just like I don’t rip on others belief’s don’t rip on mine Smile. I would say no more than 50%? Idk? I don’t think I really needed the Immunity win at final 7 however, I think I had to win it just because I couldn’t let Big Tom win it as I felt I was target B or C. I tossed the final 8 challenge because I 100% didn’t need it then and because of that I made a bit of my own luck. At final 6, I also wasn’t the A target, I think that was you because you opened your mouth. As for Final 5 challenge, I don’t call it luck that I checked my answers multiple times, used people to help me get answers. At final Four I wouldn’t call that luck, I spent the full 3 hours searching for answers, at final 3 I hands down won that, but I also made both of them feel a bit secure imo as I don’t think they were 100% trying in it so I think I made a bit of my own luck.

2. I am the first to admit that I played a TERRIBLE game. I had no alliances until Sean asked for an F2 (which I think was right before I switched spots with Lil and Matt). I honestly felt I would be voted out at every tribal council I attended (except the 1 time I was immune). I was seen as inactive and insignificant (last picked during 1 tribal shuffle and voted least valuable by my tribe). I knew I had NO chance of getting jury votes once merge hit unless I just threw caution to the wind. Had you been in my position at merge, what would you have done differently?

I don't mind what you did, you had nothing to lose as you most likely wouldn't of won any other way, so why not go for the win.

3. Before the jury started commenting and asking questions, how did you think each juror would vote? Has your opinion changed any, and what do you now think will be each juror's vote?

Eliza- Lisi- Sean
Elisabeth- Lisi-Lisi
Crystal- Lisi-Lisi
Lilian- Sean-Sean
Tom- Sean- Sean
Matthew- Lisi- Lisi
Greg- Sean- Lisi
Candice- Sean- Lisi
Deena- Lisi- Lisi

I expected this type of a jury 100% they are trying to find out who played the best game and they are asking difficult questions to feel confident about how they vote, I wish they wouldn't ask questions though, and just vote me Smile.

4. Is there a such thing as a perfect strategy in Survivor, and how could you have changed your gameplay to match that strategy?
No such thing, but I think there is only 1 good strategy and that is adaptability, you have to put yourself into the best situation to expect the unexpected and be able to handle anything and everything that is thrown at you.

5. If you switched places with the person you're facing now, do you believe you would deserve to win? By that, I mean Sean, if you had played the exact same game as Lisi (strong alliance with Deena and Candice, "coasted" to the finals, outspoken, etc) would you deserve to win over yourself with the strategy you used (one-dimensional, challenge threat, underdog, etc). Vice versa for Lisi.

Not really, but that’s just because I would never in a million years ever play an outspoken game, I think it’s not very smart to play a game based on this, as had a switch up happened at f12 and she got on a tribe with Eliza and Joel, or other people that she had been negative towards and it would have come back to haunt her without a doubt.

6. What would you consider to be the turning point of the season?

Me winning final four immunity, this game had quickly become the ladies show, and this was the first time a season 1 lady went post merge.

7. If you found out the identity of another player this season, how would you use that to your advantage? As a follow-up, who do you think each juror's imdb identity is?

Well, I knew Lill’s identity at the 3rd episode because when she got voted out she sent me an im asking for help in the challenge, I helped her b/c it was benefitial for me to keep her in this game and I wanted Coby out also. I denied being in the game and never brought MZ5 up with her. However I did take advantage of her when I had the ability, if she came to me wanting to talk about MZ5 I made sure to get as much info as I could (without making it painfully obvious I was in the game, I just tried to have a conversation and be a supportive friend) because I felt it was her fault for not keeping her identity a secret so I might as well gain whatever information I can get out of it.

Eliza- I came to know who it was in the past couple days and I will not reveal it.
Elisabeth- Daniel? Hardcore republicans. That’s my best guess.
Crystal- 100% know it won’t openly reveal a contestant.
Lillian- 100% know it.
Tom- 99% sure I know who it is and don’t want to openly reveal a contestant lulz.
Matthew- Dtor?
Greg- Lthingtor?
Candice- I am 90% positive who it is and I don’t want to openly reveal them.
Deena- I am 90% sure of who it is so I don’t want to reveal.

I didn’t put the ones that I know, I only posted guesses that I have no outside info on. I know quite a few of the identities and I will pm it to the players if they want to say I got it right etc or not that’s up to them in the Jury house, but I want to try and keep identities as concealed as possible.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 am

Well, I knew Lill’s identity at the 3rd episode because when she got voted out she sent me an im asking for help in the challenge

I would like to see evidence of this, otherwise stop taking away my outcast challenge win. </3 What a Face
Lillian
Lillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum